Contact74 O'Leary Ave
P.O Box 8414
St. John's, NL A1B 3N7
Tel: (709) 722-0790 or 1-800-701-8511
Fax: (709) 722-1325
What is a Mentor?
A Mentor is a role model. A mentor offers support to another person. A mentor has knowledge and experience in an area and shares it with the student that is being mentored.
Who can be a Mentor?
A person with active participation in their community and/or a person with an identity through a self advocacy group.
What are the benefits of Being a Mentor?
- Satisfaction from Helping Others
- Expanded perspectives
- Powerful personal insights
- Opportunities to share experiences and wisdom
- A meaningful relationship
What are the qualities of a Mentor?
- People who have "been there"
- People who can offer support and bring valuable experiences
- People who are eager to listen and interact with those students exploring their options
Download Volunteer Mentor Application
Download Mentor TIPS